Monday, April 25, 2011

Hard Time

Lately, I've been having a hard time with something--the fact that my boys are growing up so fast. It seriously stinks. Yet each and every day and every new milestone is so fun. How can it be so bittersweet?!?

The other day we were looking at old pictures and videos. It made me so teary eyed. I couldn't believe how young Caleb and Carson were!! It was shocking! When did they grow up? How is it that time is flying by so fast? And while I am trying to just enjoy each day, sometimes it just hits me hard how old they are and how big they've gotten. And it makes me cry.

Perhaps I've lived in Texas too long. I fear I get closer and closer to the dark side each day I live here. I heard this country song and *liked* it (yes, you read that right! I know!!!) and it totally fit how I was feeling today. (Thanks, Brandy!)

Instead of just posting a link to the song, I decided to post some of my favorite pictures of my boys with it:


Sigh. Is it bad that I never want my boys to grow up?

Post edit: Ah yes...minor detail...the song is "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift and I cut out parts to make it shorter! (Thanks, JoEllen!)

5 comments:

JoEllen said...

That is such a sweet video!! Your boys are so cute. I just love that picture of Carson walking into the supermarket in his superman outfit!

I too hate to think that we're starting school this year, and Nicky is almost 2!! I just can't believe how time flies by!

You're not going to tell us who sings this song?

Rachel said...

I love it!!!

I have to use this song! And use it to make my 5th grade promotion video! Thanks for the idea!

Michelle said...

Geez, I'm crying over here. Jacob's just barely 1 and I've been whining to Chris already that he's growing up too fast and I can't stand it. Makes me so sad to think about it. Your boys are so cute.

J.Reed said...

I just love you and your family! I am so blessed to be able to visit you every month :) I got teared up watching your video. Music is such a powerful way to express how your feeling. Love the song who is it?

The Shirleys said...

That is such a cute video. They really have grown so much! When you figure out how to get them to quit growing up share the secret with me. :)