Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Old!

The other night, Caleb and I were talking about how old he is. Then we started talking about how old everyone else is. This is how it ended:

Dad is OLD!!!!!!! I thought it was so funny that I had Caleb call Chris and tell him over the phone. Now Caleb asks all the time if he can call dad on the phone and tell him he's old.

I shouldn't admit it, but the other day we were all discussing it again and totally unprompted, Caleb says, "No, dad not old. Mom old." WHAT?!? Talk about your all time backfire! I can't believe he could even conceptualize it, let alone say it. Let alone betray me like that. :)

p.s. Do you like the bruise? Caleb had a run in with the sidewalk, and the sidewalk won.

3 comments:

JoEllen said...

It's amazing how kid's brains work. It's amazing that Caleb could figure out that you're just as old (or young) as his dad. He is so smart! He looks like such a little young man!

Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to think of you and Chris as old, because if you are, then I am way old! Caleb is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Chris was this small, but I have to say it is becoming a distant memory. He was always causing trouble...LOL! I think they refer to it now as ADHD! Actually I have a lot of fond memories of babysitting he and Heather when they were little'uns.