Friday, June 20, 2008

Crazy Kind of Fun

We've had a bit of a different kind of fun the last week or two.

Did you know that if your fridge is too cold that this can happen?

Let's just say it was a HUGE mess. It exploded ALL OVER our fridge! I later learned from my dad that they have these nice cheap thermometers that you can put in your fridge and freezer to make sure they are at the correct temperatures. Good to know!

We have these little kittens and their mom that have taken up residence in our backyard lately. Well, one of the local dogs got a hold of one of the kittens in our backyard (he comes and goes through the fence as he pleases). Let's just say that we had to close the blinds for the day because the local animal life enjoyed it. It was so sad and GROSS!!!!!!

We have taken turns being sick the last couple weeks. Caleb got it the worst, I think. He finally initiated our house by puking in our bed on my pillow. (Couldn't he have chosen Chris's pillow?!?) Up until now, I thought he could only puke at my parents house. The last couple trips up there he has initiated like every room in their house!

One day when Caleb woke up from his nap his fever had spiked really high and we were somehow out of medicine. So I grabbed him and headed to the store. He actually fell asleep on my shoulder in the store and for those of you that know Caleb very well, you know he must have felt miserable! He doesn't do that! Ever! Anyway, I grabbed the medicine and put him in his car seat and gave him the medicine and went home. Later that night, I realized I had left my wallet in the shopping cart. Thank goodness for honest people in the world! I called the store and they told me someone had turned it in and I went and picked it up! And everything was still there. Amazing, huh?!?

Then there are our cars. Kip was lucky enough to have something break on his car in the middle of downtown coming home from work. He had it towed and it was actually a quick and inexpensive fix. My car has been having some troubles, but we also figured out that is an inexpensive fix too. Then yesterday, Kip and Bridget had a flat tire (on their brand new tires!). But it was still under warranty and so they fixed it for free. I'd say we were pretty lucky considering what cars can cost to get fixed sometimes!!

It's actually nice to have all the little inconveniences and weird things sometimes (after the fact!) to help remind me how good things are when your car works and when you are healthy, etc. And we have still been able to have lots of fun playing games, watching movies, making treats, etc. We love having Kip and Bridget here!

2 comments:

Jami Black said...

I'm glad that someone turned your wallet in-I've actually done that twice before-once I made it back before the shopping cart got picked up out of the parking lot! Caleb is such a doll and I loved the videos of him singing and talking!

Cory Reese said...

Hello! I just found your blog through Kenny's! By the way, Mel is a Diet Dr. Pepper addict. She's such a nerd that she wrote her first post about it (reesegang.blogspot.com). Glad I found you! Cory