Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Baby Update

Well, first I have to thank Gabrielle for throwing a very surprise celebratory luncheon yesterday. I was very shocked and it was very fun and very thoughtful of you. And thanks to all that came!!

As it happens, it was very timely. Going to doctor visits has kind of lost it's fun the last few times. Not that anything is majorly wrong. My last few visits, we had more discussions about needing to gain weight. (I still have only lost weight.) Where have I lost weight, you may ask? It must be just from my big toe, because I don't see it anywhere else. But then again, even my big toe looks bigger to me. So that must not be it either. I guess I'd rather have this problem than them telling me I've gained too much weight... It would probably be easier if I wasn't STILL THROWING UP!! Then again, maybe I shouldn't admit this, and I can just blame all my weight on baby weight. :)

Then there is the Group B Strep testing. They said they normally would have tested me a couple weeks ago, but my urine is already testing positive for it. Sweet. I guess all that means is that I have to have antibiotics by iv during the labor...that's what I gathered anyway. And as Chris said, at least I was saved from getting the fun swab test done! If it's going to be positive anyway, might as well save myself that fun, right?!?

Cute story: After one of my last appointments, I came home a little bit teary eyed. Not that anything major is wrong, a lot of little things seemed to stack up all at once. I just would like to go to an appointment where they at least say that nothing is worse! :) Anyway, I walk in the door and Caleb (who is very perceptive to how I am feeling--almost too much so sometimes) says, "Oh! Mom sad because she missed me?!?" What a cute boy. Of course that is why I was sad. :) Would there be any other reason?!?

Which leads up to today's visit. We had another ultrasound and unfortunately and fortunately, the baby's kidneys are the same. Unfortunately because they haven't cleared up yet...but fortunately because at least they're not worse.

But they are also concerned with the baby's size. He went from being in the 66th percentile last time we had an ultrasound to the 13th percentile today. We also had a heart stress test on the baby (is that what they're called?).

Basically...the bottom line is that we are going to be induced next Friday, January 23rd (the day before Caleb's 3rd birthday!). Assuming that any heart stress tests done between now and then are ok.

I definitely experienced several moments of shock. Even though it's only two weeks early, it really felt like I still had lots of time and now all the sudden I have a week! So much for all my projects! :) At least the baby's room is almost ready. It has turned out very fun. I will have to post pictures later as I'm too lazy right now to take, download, and then upload them. :)

And so much for Caleb's 3rd birthday party we were planning! We like to celebrate big. But it will have to be postponed or something for this year. Luckily, he's not old enough to know the calendar yet. I hope. And luckily, mailing the invitations is still on the top of my "to do" list and will be moved to my "postpone" list. I'm not sure how I feel about having birthdays that close together, but what are you going to do?!?

And now I'll finish with a greatly edited and altered version of my last paragraph. A "little bird" seemed to change and add a lot to it when I left it up on the computer...a few of the words are the originals. (Hmmm, maybe I should actually read my posts after I post them to see how often this occurs...:) But I will post it anyway, cause I thought it was funny:

I guess the bottom line is that things could always be worse and I'm very thankful that they're not!! With such a loving husband (more perfect than any I could have conjured up in my imagination) and such an adorable toddler, it would take a LOT to really have anything to complain about more than achy limbs and regular alms to the porcelain gods. Now, where's my personal masseur? CHRIS!!!

4 comments:

THE ORMES said...

Sorry about how things are going. I've definitely had pregnancies where they are always worried about something and it's definitely not fun. Let us know if we can help in any way.

I'm so so sorry I couldn't make it to your luncheon. I was bummed, but with Taylor still in pain and healing and Payden teething and Declan talking and laughing for 2 hours during the night, we were definitely not in the position to come. :(

Well, I guess the good thing is we'll get to meet Carson sooner . . . can't wait!!!

Kat Curtis said...

Wow - I think I would probably come home crying from my doctors appointments too if I had that kind of news. Holy smokes! We'll keep you all in our prayers! :)

The Shirleys said...

I love the changes to the last paragraph!

I am sorry there have been so many problems. I hope everything goes well for the labor and delivery! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Chelsea said...

I hope everything went well today. Wish we were there to help!