Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter!

Is it really already Wednesday night? I've been meaning to do this since Sunday night. My how time flies.

Lots of Easter festivities this year. Of course we dyed eggs.



Not sure who had more fun...Caleb, me or Chris. Or maybe Carson:



Nice sarcastic pose by Chris:



Our finished products:

Notice how there are no pink or purple ones? It's not because there are lots of boys in the house. It's because someone didn't read the instructions all the way through to see not to put vinegar in the red one. Ok it was me. So we did without the pink this time.

We have been swapping babysitting on Friday nights and it has been pretty much, well, AWESOME! This was our Friday to watch the kids. We had fun and had some friends in and out as well for treats. We baked a ton this weekend for all the different events. We made two of these:

And a bunch of bread, queso, and Easter sugar cookies. Lots of fun. But few pictures. That picture is just for you Dip (a.k.a. Kip D). Not a fancy picture like the ones you guys have, just the leftovers from one of the yummy cakes. :)


Saturday we went to some friends' property for some more fun. And fun it was! They had
tractors:



Go-karts



A big trampoline



and an awesome Easter egg hunt



Caleb also got to smash his first cascarones (eggs filled with confetti). He wouldn't smash it on my head...only dad's. Good boy. :) Here is Chris showing us the remains.

If you look close, you can see it all in his hair and on his shirt.

And don't forget the dogs that Caleb chased around for a lot of the time. We had so much fun!!

Then Saturday night we had some friends come teach us a game. Good times again.

Sunday was the best. Here is a little video of my favorite parts of Sunday morning.



Chris didn't have meetings this Sunday. I forgot how nice it was to have him around all Sunday morning. We got to go to church all together. Except I forgot my lesson manual so we dropped Chris off and zoomed home to pick it up. :)
Here are the three amigos ready for church:



And last but not least, we got to spend Sunday evening with our good friends. Great Easter dinner and great company. Thanks, guys!!

I LOVE holidays with the kids. I'm not sure who is more giddy--Caleb or me.

6 comments:

Kody and Brandy Nelson said...

The Easter Bunny left my kids pooping bunnies. I didn't read the directions either, I put vinegar in our red/pink. The sad thing is I just learned that from you. Oops. I hope everything is going well. We love and miss you

Unknown said...

What the heck is it with the Nelson's and poop!!! Why a pooping chicken? Where the heck did that come from...???

BTW...Brandy...everyone knows you don't put vinegar into the red dye...haaaaa....at least some people must know...I learned something new as well.

Chris said...

I *love* Caleb in the background chanting "poop! poop! poop! poop!"

The Shirleys said...

Those boys look great in their easter outfits.

I love the egg coloring pictures. It does look like they had fun!

JoEllen said...

"More belly beans!?" Caleb is too cute! The pooping chicken is seriously hilarious.

Carson is getting so big. He is always sleeping! We need to some some awake pictures of this kid. :)

I loved Easter this year too. It's so fun when the kids start to be old enough to really enjoy those activities. Your eggs turned out awesome and I loved watching Caleb laugh when he would find the eggs. It's too funny. Silly Easter Bunny!

Bridget Nelson said...

Why do the Nelsons love poop so much? It doesn't gross me out anymore...it is just amusing. We have a pooping chicken at our house, too. By the way, I love Caleb's laugh every time he finds an egg. It is hilarious!