Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Partaaay!

A typical dinner partaaay at our house:

See what I put up with at dinner?!? (Ok, secretly, I might like it. A lot.)

And a typical after dinner partaaay

Nice time relaxing and getting ready for bed...oh wait. Another partaaay. Caleb has recently decided he is Buzz Lightyear. And I think Chris wanted some ice cream. Not sure. :)

Next, can I just say how much I love three day weekends?!?

Friday night we hit a surprise partaaay for a friend. It was eighties themed and very fun. We hit another partaaay first (sorry no pics!) and debated about showing up to it in our eighties garb, but then declined. Although that would have been pretty cool and I'm sure we would have gone up on the cool factor list of everyone there. Alas, we decided not to, so we had to throw on what we could in the car on the way to the next partaaay. Not as decked out as we would have liked to have been, but pegged pants and pegged shirts all around, and side pony tails and layered socks for me, well, let's just say we were feelin' pretty cool.


(This is Caleb with his buddy Aubrey (who was the winner of the girl's costume contest). Love those bangs!! Hopefully you don't mind your picture on our blog! I just thought this was a cute picture!)

Chris got to mc part of it. He loves doing it and I'm pretty sure if he ever decided to give up his day j0b in corporate training that he could find a home as a game show host.

We were kind of bummed to have to leave the first partaaay so soon and to miss the first part of the second partaaay, but a good time was had by all of us at the parts we did hit.

Saturday we partaaayed at home a bit and got four lawns mowed (Chris and Caleb) and some painting done in the house (Krista with Carson's supervision and Caleb's mad taping skills). Then we got to partaaay with our awesome neighbors and friends who I am certain should open a pizza parlor because the pizza they make really is that good.

Sunday we partaaayed at church (ok, not really a partaaay, but you know. Just go with me on this one.) I got a new calling or job at church. I was teaching the 14-15 year old sunday school class, but now I am the ward service director. What? You've never heard of that job? Well, yes, that is a made up job but I am excited for it. So if you have any good ideas for service projects for lots of people, be sure and let me know!

Sunday night we got to partaaay at the ultimate partaaay house. I'm still dreaming of that brisket, potato salad, and cowboy beans. Let's suffice it to say it was pretty much the bomb and we stayed way too late. We just do not know how to drag ourselves away from there!

Monday we went out to visit our friends who moved about a half hour away. The ones with the go karts,

trampoline, tons of acreage to run around.

You know...the place where Caleb is pretty much in heaven from the second we get there until we drag him home? Yes. It was a partaaay.

And then we were lucky enough to have some other friends over to partaaay for dinner and FHE later that night. Yes, Caleb won Candy Land again. Is it bad that I just want to win once in awhile?!?

And our last partaaay Monday night was at the IMAX. Some other friends have the serious hookup. So we didn't even have to get out that piggy bank. They have the hookup for free tickets, parking and concessions! How sweet is that?!? Everyone needs friends with such a sweet hookup. Not sure why they're friends with us though...we have no sweet hookups. Someday maybe. Anyway, it was a definite partaaay to finish out our sweet 3 day weekend.

The boys are a bit tired from all the partaaayin'; like Carson slept last night from 6pm to 9am today. Oops. Maybe a bit too many partaaays?!? Nah...never enough partaaays.

3 comments:

JoEllen said...

Oh my gosh! What a super fun, and super exciting weekend!! All 3 of your boys are just adorable. I just laughed and laughed at Buzz jumping off the stairs. Too funny!!

We had a couple ward service projects when we lived in Indiana. Of course, there is always the blood drive, but we also did some painting in the community. To cover graffitti and such. It was a great project. Good luck with your new calling!!

Brianne and Jason said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! Shake yours booty, Dials!

The Shirleys said...

THat does sound like a great weekend! I think I would be with Carson though. I get tired pretty fast these days.

Chris kills me! I love that he isn't afraid to perform for the camer. Caleb makes a very cute buzz lightyear too!