Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Spy

One of Caleb's favorite things to do is read this "I Spy" book that we have. He is quite good at picking out everything in the book. So I thought I would make up my own. Here is one for you:



See if you can find:
2 snowmen
4 blue ornaments
6 bows
2 white ornaments
1 clear ornament
1 snowflake
1 white hanger

Interesting choice of decor to use a white hanger, huh? The other night, I was sitting in the living room with a big project spread out all over the floor and for some reason this big hanger that magically made it onto our tree (right in the middle and front, mind you!) caught my eye. I just started laughing. I have no idea how long it has been there. But I do know that this particular hanger was in our trash can a couple weeks ago, but it somehow made its way to our tree. When Chris got home, I asked him if he had noticed the hanger on the tree recently and he had not. We both had a good laugh about it.

So if you've been to our house in the last couple weeks and noticed a hanger on our tree, you are apparently more observant than we are. I'm guessing it's been there for quite awhile.

I do think, however, that "whoever's" little hands thought to add this hanger to our tree has quite the imagination and is quite the decorator with good taste because at least it was a white hanger and matched the decor of our tree. We may start a new tradition and have a hanger on the tree every year. I think it adds a nice touch.

6 comments:

Hillery said...

Who needs Martha Stewart when you have Caleb?

Heather said...

that rocks!

Rachel said...

What a cute idea! Any ideas as to who the hanger hanger is?

The Shirleys said...

I love the hanger idea! Who knows, maybe in the future people will be buying "Cabel's Christmas Hangers" with buttons and bows and all kinds of stuff on them. He may make you rich and famous someday!

Michelle Cox said...

That's so funny! I noticed the hanger right away and wondered why it was on the tree. I like your I Spy game.

Unknown said...

I love it!
The Germans have the Christmas pickle, the English have the Legend of the Ladybug and the Americans now have the Christmas Hanger.
I hope you guys had a good Christmas and arrived back in town safely.
I'm sure Rae and Jed will fill you in on our adventure (I mean flight) to their house.
We've almost started a new Christmas tradition of our own. It's the one where Jed circles the airport for three hours only to find our family standing on the sidewalk in fits of giggles with our "survival kits" looking like a group of homeless people who just need a warm place to sleep for the night.
Happy New Year!