Monday, December 3, 2007

Must Haves

Ok, this is a totally random post. But I've REALLY been appreciating some random modern cleaning inventions lately. Here is a list of must haves. And a shout out to my sisters-in-law Brandy and Christy who introduced me to most of these!

First there are scrubbing bubbles.

Not only are they awesome bathroom cleaners, they are also good carpet stain removers. When we bought our condo in Logan, UT there was this big black stain in one of the rooms. We tried every kind of carpet stain remover but couldn't get it out. My sister-in-law happen to be visiting and said to try Scrubbing Bubbles. Totally worked! Now we use them all the time!


Next on my list is the Swiffer Sweeper Vac.

I don't know why, but sweeping is not one of my favorite things to do. But this little machine is a vacuum and sweeper thing all in one. It works awesome for a quick kitchen clean up. Like when dry cereal or crumbs for example are dumped all over the kitchen floor from a high chair. Totally hypothetical situation, of course! But it sweeps and vacuums them right up! And, as an added perk, Caleb really likes to "play" with it, so our floor gets cleaned a lot! :)


Then there is the Swiffer mop.

The mop solution stuff is always ready to go and can just be sprayed onto the floor by the touch of one fun button. When Chris and I first got it, we would battle over who got to mop because it is just fun to use! Not necessarily good for deep cleaning, but great for spot cleaning or a quick once over--like when a bunch of milk is spilled on the floor from a midnight game of kitchen basketball. Again...totally hypothetical situation. Wouldn't happen at our house!


Lastly is the Little Green Machine.

It's like a mini steam cleaner vacuum thing. Somebody pees on your floor? Or pukes in your bedroom? (Not that that ever happens at our house!) No problem! The Little Green Machine can be stored with the water and solution ready to go. And you don't have to touch the mess with your hands or get out the big steam cleaner thing.

Ok, that is enough randomness. But if you have any other great modern inventions that make cleaning so much easier--please share! We're always looking for good stuff!

7 comments:

Hillery said...

Scubbing Bubbles on carpet? Thanks for the tip!

Hillery said...

Scubbing Bubbles on carpet? Thanks for the tip!

Jami Black said...

I LOVE Scrubbing Bubbles and have used it since forever, but am also amazed by the carpet tip! I am so sold on the mini steam cleaner-now it will just be a challenge talking Brian into it! By the way, I loved the elf dance!

Michelle Cox said...

Wow, thanks for all the helpful info! I will have to try out the Scrubbing Bubbles on our couch cover. It's so stained. When we live somewhere with carpet, that mini steamer looks like the perfect housewarming gift to myself!

Chelsea said...

I'm gonna have to try some of these out! You make me laugh Krista, I love all of your "hypotheticals"!

Jamie Smith said...

Thanks for all the great cleaning tips and advice! I will have to try it out! Especially on the carpet, since ours always looks so dirty!

THE ORMES said...

Thanks for the tips (especially the Scrubbing Bubbles on carpet). I will have to give it a try.

Thanks again for watching the girls. They loved it (as they always do).

And finally, 1 tip - put salt on fresh pee. It will soak it right up. Then when the salt dries, vacuum it up. You might still want to use cleaner on the area, but at least all the pee will be completely soaked up. My sister-in-law uses it on dog pee, but I've found it quite useful on kid pee as well (not that that EVER happens at my house).