Thursday, November 6, 2008

Air Show

Last weekend we headed out to the air show at Lackland Airforce Base. Chris's dad used to take him to air shows when he was younger and he absolutely loved them! He has lots of good memories from the shows. Caleb and I had not been to one before, so we thought we better check one out!

One of the best parts was getting to take a bus from the parking lot to the show! :) Caleb was just giddy.



Caleb got to sit in some of the airplanes and check them out by himself:







And check some out with his dad:











Chris was most excited to see the Blue Angels perform. He has very fond memories of seeing them when he was younger. They were very fun to watch and did some amazing stuff!!







On our way out, this guy was just walking by and stopped Caleb and said hello. He was so nice!! He let Caleb wear his hat and made his day!!





Caleb was most disappointed that he didn't actually get to fly in any airplanes. He did however love how loud the airplanes were and keeps talking about it still. We had a great time and will definitely have to check out another air show sometime!

5 comments:

JoEllen said...

So fun!! I'm sure Caleb is still talking about it. Who wouldn't? A bus ride? Sitting in airplanes? Talking to a real soldier!? It's awesome.

THE ORMES said...

I'm so jealous. We were going to go until we decided that Taylor was having a not-allowed-in-public kind of day. It looked awesome. We'll definitely have to check one out in the future. By the way, I need to come by some time to bring over my quiet book patterns . . . sometime next week. I'll give you a holler.

Heidi said...

Wow, it looks like a lot of fun and warm too. We have 4" of snow on our grass this week. I'd love to go to an air show sometime. Great pictures of you guys. Well just say'in Hi and keep up the blogg'in. Talk to ya later - Kirby

Rachel said...

I keep hearing the planes. I was at a workshopt nearby and keep wondering what was going on, that explains it.

The Shirleys said...

I wish we would have gone to the air shows in San ANtonio. I didn't know what I was missing out on!

Caleb looks like a natural with the pilot hat and goggles!