Monday, February 23, 2009

32 and 1

32
Well, old man Chris (I can say that because he is a whopping 6 months older than me!) turned the big 3-2 last week. I know. Old, huh? :) And slow. As in...I'm really slow posting about it. And we didn't even take lots of pictures. Lame.

Chris took the day off from work and we spent most of the day together shopping, eating, and playing. (Hmm...that sentence made me think of and miss the gerund fans Dip and Bibbetts a.k.a. Kip and Bridget...or is it that you don't prefer gerunds? I forget.... Either way...they remind me of you. Anyway. :) Talk about fun!! I LOVE days that we can spend all together!! The only disappointment came at Red Robin (you know we have to go get the free birthday burger--can't pass that up! Especially since we really like their food!) I've been lucky enough to be in Washington to celebrate a few of my family's birthdays at Red Robin. They always do something funny--like make them wear some crazy glasses, or stand up with a spoon in their mouth etc. while they sing the birthday song. Here, they only sang to Chris. I was all excited for them to embarrass him (not that it would work anyway--I don't think Chris gets embarrassed about anything!) But, alas, all they did was sing. It was good though.

The best part of his birthday? The long family nap.



Is there anything better in the world than taking a nap with your babies? Love it!!

I hope Chris enjoyed his birthday as much as I did!! :) We love you!!


1
Well, today Carson is one month old! Where did the time go?!?! Can someone PLEASE make it slow down? Or better yet stop? I don't want my kids to grow up! Is that bad? We've adjusted pretty well to having four of us now. Except for church. Church is hard for me by myself with Chris as busy as he is. The last couple weeks have been lessons on what NOT to do. But life goes on...I'm sure we'll work out the kinks sooner or later. :) But we are absolutely loving having Carson with us! He is a sweet boy and we can't get enough of him!! He has started smiling a lot and making the cutest cooing sounds! We love our Carson!!

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Such adorable pictures. You have such a happy, happy family! You seem like you would be fun to hang out with, except I don't have that kind of energy! LOL! Live it up!

Unknown said...

ohhhh...how sweet. Happy Birthday Chris!!...and you thought you were late ;-)

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Chris. I'm glad that you are enjoying Carson. I feel the same way about wanting my kids to stay the age they are. I wouldn't pause them as babies though... I'd pause them at about 2 to 3 years old. That's my favorite age. Good luck with the church thing. I still haven't figured that one out. It's always hard... especially without much help from a husband.

JoEllen said...

So many birthdays so close together! We too LOVE the Red Robin birthday hamburger. How fun!! I love the family nap picture...it is too cute!

I can't get over how dark Carson is! His hair is so dark. Glad to hear that you're all adjusting, and I can't hardly believe that you're already going to church. :) Good for you.

Jami Black said...

I love Red Robin too-I need to sign up for that! Hope Chris had a great birthday and the adjustment with two gets easier with time (for the most part)!