Monday, October 12, 2009

11

11. It is the number of Sundays left in this year. Not that I'm counting.

My family--we provide this service sometimes. For those people at church who are just not feeling it that day--we sometimes provide a side show. A three ring circus, really. Here is our secret circus show equation:
No naps+up too late Saturday night+1pm church+ a 3 year old with too much energy+an 8 month old with too much energy+a 32 year old dad that has to sit up front=one crazy mama and pretty much a three ring circus in the middle of church sometimes.

Yesterday was one of our show days. Ask anyone that sat within a 10 foot perimeter. They'll tell you. :) So pretty much...I just can't wait for 9am church in January. And neither can all the people sitting around us.

Really, circus days have only been a handful of days in total. But when they do happen, we sure do go all out. One thing is for sure--no one can say they didn't get their money's worth. :) Good thing Caleb and Carson are so cute....

Because really, 2 minutes later I've forgotten all about the circus when they flash me one of those grins or say something hilarious. Or just do something cute. And speaking of cute, here are my two favorite cute things from the last couple days: (nice transition, huh?)

I just think it is so adorable when Carson waves at people:

Short and sweet video, huh? Unheard of for me.


And then there is Caleb.

We bought his Halloween costume the other night. I said in passing that we should try it on soon and see how it looks. Next thing I know, he sprints into the room in his birthday suit. Ready to try it on! I was like, "Ummmm...buddy....you're supposed to wear clothes under this one." But he refused and tried it on with his birthday suit. He was running all over the house yelling "Choo choo! Choo choo! Here comes Thomas the Train!" Chris and I were on the floor laughing because all we saw was this train running around and flashing us a lil' white bum. Here is to hoping (for all of YOUR sakes, my sake, and his future sake) that he can be convinced to wear clothes under his costume by Halloween.

At least Thomas the Streaker Train is not included in the three ring circus show at church. Yet.

4 comments:

The Shirleys said...

Carson is so cute waving. I can't believe how big he has gotten.

Caleb is seriously funny. It makes my day to read stories about him. Too bad we aren't in the same ward anymore, there are sundays we could compete with your three ring circus with one of our own!

THE ORMES said...

Hahahaha . . . I'm crying because of Caleb. He is hilarious!!!!!! And I still am in shock when I see Carson . . . he so huge and so cute!!!!

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

The boys sure entertained Vienna in church yesterday. Chris's "Dad Stare" from stand entertained Stephen:) But no worries, we all still where able to pay attention to the meeting too.

JoEllen said...

Oh my gosh - Thomas the streaker train. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that one anywhere...it'll be an original costume for sure! :) Good luck convincing him that he needs clothes.

Carson is too cute! The waving thing is adorable.

I'm not looking forward to Jan. We have 9 am church now and I LOVE it. I'll be sad to start going at 11. Ugh!