Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween. Finally.

We celebrated Halloween all month long!!


We stole and combined a couple traditions from some friends of ours. Caleb and Carson woke up on October 1st to a card from us that sent them downstairs for some fun surprises, including Halloween music, new matching Halloween pajamas, Halloween window decorations and an early Halloween treat. And man did we have fun decorating the house for Halloween!!!! I love it! I have fond memories of decorating our house growing up for different holidays and I love continuing that tradition with my boys and love that they get so excited about doing it too!!

Let's see...what else, what else. It was all so last month--I can't remember what all we did!

Caleb and I made these fun Halloween puppets


He spent the rest of the month doing puppet shows from behind the couch. Very entertaining to say the least.


We went to the South Texas Corn Maze with our Joy School friends and had a blast.








We were also able to go to the Austin Dial's awesome fall festival. Already blogged about that (see here). Suffice it to say, we had a great time!

We were lucky enough to be able to host a Halloween Party for Joy School at our house. We had a lot of fun. The kids had a costume parade for their parents, grandparents and other friends. After the parade, they danced around to the song, "Monster Mash" for everybody, and then they sang three songs for them. It was soooo cute!! Unfortunately, I was busy herding kids and turning on music etc and I never did turn the video camera on. It was all set up and ready to go...just never flipped that little button. Dang! But later I got Caleb to give me an encore presentation of one of the songs. They sang two Halloween Songs and then this one:

Love the interpretive dancing thrown it too. And please just pretend Carson's room is all nice and clean. :)


We went trick or treating in our neighborhood






We also drove around and saw some great friends and went trick or treating at their houses and also went to a party that night. Whew.

And last, but not least--you can't forget the pumpkin carving. Oh wait. I guess you can. This year we ran out of time. Here is one of the pumpkins we would have carved.

Nice, huh? Luckily, I had gotten these little pumpkins as part of a lesson for Joy School and had the kids put these cool faces on their pumpkins. That counts, right?!?

They're like Mr. Potato Head pieces except for pumpkins. And yes, my friends, that bucket of plastic faces fun is now 90% off at Walmart. A whopping 35 cents for the bucket right now. Yes, we've stocked up again for next year in case we never get around to carving those pumpkins again next year.

And you'll be glad to know that those pumpkins weren't a total waste. They are very fun toys:



And they also come in quite handy when you want a place to chill and drink a soda

So there you have it. That's the November edition of our Halloween fun. Had I done the post in October, there probably would have been a bit more. You're probably glad I waited, huh? :) Oh well. All that matters is that we had a lot of fun and are looking forward to all the fun upcoming holidays as well! We have a paper chain counting down the days until Aunt Nyn comes and another until Thanksgiving. Love all the holidays!!

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

I love all the pictures. Your kids are so darn cute and getting so big already! When did that happen!?

I LOVE the picture of Carson and Caleb sitting in the chair reading together in their matching pajamas. It's just too cute!

What a fun Halloween month!

The Shirleys said...

I love the Mr Potato Head decor. kit! I think we should do that instead of carving. The parents always end up doing the messy part.

I love their costumes. Carson is the cutest little monkey!