Saturday, December 26, 2009

Family Traditions

I find that we are starting some interesting and unintended (and in some cases unwanted) holiday traditions. Here is the 2009 version of three of these traditions:

1st tradition: 182 Reasons Not to Run a Red Light

Last holiday version was 185 Reasons To Slow Down. At least this time it was $3 cheaper. That's progress. And at least we are shaking things up a bit for fun. Last time speeding...this time running a red light. Gotta keep things interesting. And hey, I want my bumper sticker that says "We Back the Blue." We make a donation every dang year during the holidays and have no bumper stickers to show for it. Next time they call for donations, I'm telling them we've donated every year for the last several years and that I want my bumper stickers.

2nd tradition: Holiday Visitor

Not sure why every year this time of year this guy finds his way back to his home under our deck. Have I ever mentioned that I do not appreciate wildlife. At. All? Please, little buddy, go find someone who can appreciate you. I hear my neighbors love your kind...or something.... (By the way, some time I really need to combine all my Wanna Be National Geographic Photographer husband's pictures together in one post. We have a surprisingly large number of them from our Texas Wildlife Kingdom also known as our backyard. My favorite being those of the skunks. Who chases down and takes pictures of skunks? Hey, what was this post about anyway? Oh yeah...traditions. Next!)

3rd tradition: Caleb's I Spy
Caleb has kept the tradition of hanging random stuff on our Christmas tree.
Past versions here and here
And now we are unveiling the 2009 Edition of I Spy:


Find:
1 random red stocking
1 random set of antlers
1 random bell on a red string
1 random burgundy bow
1 random wreath hanger
1 random small lit tree
2 random small wooden trees

And yes, Caleb still has a couple spots available for interior decorating consultations. But spaces are going fast.

Here's to fun family holiday traditions! :) And to discontinuing a couple of them starting 2o1o. :) But then maybe it just won't feel like the holidays without them, huh?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Tradition #4: When Krista says, "I want to take your picture in front of the tree..." RUN!

The Shirleys said...

I am glad to see that the men in your life keep things lively! I mean, life with out a little excitement would be boring right?

I enjoy reading about your Holiday traditions. :0)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!