Sunday, August 22, 2010

Girlcation

For my birthday, Chris surprised me with an airline ticket for and helped orchestrate the first annual girlcation (Girl + vacation = girlcation. It's science). He even took the days off work and watched the boys himself. Now if all of that doesn't win you the Husband of the Year Award...I'm not sure what would! He is pretty much the best!!

So I hopped on a plane by myself and man oh man was it weird. It was strange to go through security at the airport without a whole bunch of kid gear. It was strange to get on the plane and not have kids to distract. It was weird carrying only one suitcase through the airport.

But I somehow persevered the weirdness and I met up with my sister, Kaylyn (aka Nyn) in Nashville. About two miles outside the airport...we had our first of many adventures.

Hehehe. Awesome, huh? That's what fun memories are made of right there!! A guy rear ended us. Welcome to Tennessee!!

We met up with another sister (Kim) in Huntsville, AL. We went to the space museum and played games galore and just had fun catching up with each other.

Caleb apparently loved all the pictures of the spaceships I kept texting them. He kept asking me to ask someone there if we could all ride on one. :) The only thing in Huntsville I probably could have done without is the human centrifuge machine thing they called experiencing g force. :)

Then all three of us met up with Kip and family in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. What a crazy but fun place. I think it is becoming the Vegas of the East!! We road a tram 3000 feet in the sky, played miniature golf, rode a ski lift up to an alpine slide and raced down the slide, hit the outlet stores, ate out, made candy in our hotel room, and just had a relaxing but fun time.

Chris said the only thing I had to come home with was a date and place for next year's girlcation. :)

And so...looking forward to next year! :)

It's funny, but really all I wanted to do when I got home was all the daily things that sometimes get mundane. Life is so good.

And when I got home to a nice clean house and happy boys, check out what else was waiting for me!!

I had to take a picture of those cupcakes. Pretty much masterpieces, don't you think? They tasted even better than they looked though! Thanks, Jill!!!

3 comments:

JoEllen said...

That is awesome! It is so nice of Chris to let you get away and be with your family.

I love the picture of your boys camping! So fun!!

Dr. Mom said...

I need the recipe for those cupcakes -- SERIOUSLY!!! They are beautiful!

Delia D'Nell said...

best gift ever! Way to go CHRIS!