Monday, March 14, 2011

Chris's Birthday!

Alrighty. Another marathon blogging session. 6 new posts. Watch out! It makes me sad because I always forget what all the fun stuff like three days later. But...you do what you can do, right?!?

To start out the festivities, we went with some good friends to the temple. Thanks, guys! It was wonderful!

Chris took the day off for his birthday. A nice present to the rest of us too on his birthday! He woke up to Caleb giving him a big hug and his first clue. We sent him on a treasure hunt for his gifts. Once he found and opened the last one (or so he thought!) we were having fun playing games when there was a knock at the door. The awesome Cheneys held onto his last gift for me and brought it over to surprise him. (Thank you, thank you by the way!)

A new electric acoustic. I think he likes it just a little bit. He falls asleep playing it every night. :)

We spent the day together and used one of his other presents that night--tickets to the rodeo/concert.

The weather was awesome and we had a great time walking around the fair grounds and watching the rodeo. In San Antonio, they kick the spurs out of the AT&T Center every year for a couple weeks while the rodeo is in town. It's a big deal here. After the rodeo was a Martina McBride concert. And I must say--I actually enjoyed the concert. I'm not much of a country music fan, but I did like and actually recognize a lot of her songs! Time to move out of Texas? :) Thankfully, my boys are still holding strong. They'd much rather do this

than listen to an ol' country concert. :)

We were also able to sneak away the next day and go have dinner together. Hmmm...was it my birthday or his? :) Perhaps I benefit too from it being his birthday! :) As always, it was great to spend some time together, just he and I.

And lastly, we ended our several day celebrations on Sunday when we were able to have friends over for cupcakes, root beer floats and games. Thanks again, guys!

We had a great time celebrating and love to be able to spend time together! I love birthdays.

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

This is some serious marathon blogging! goodness!

First of all, happy birthday to all the boys in your house. Your kids really are so cute! I love the little video of Caleb opening his new package.

Snow? I can't believe it! That is amazing, and seriously dangerous.

My favorite picture is of your two boys drinking from their cups the same way. Two kids can be so different, but once in a while those similarities show up that remind us they are siblings!

You should post more often. :)

The Shirleys said...

We miss the rodeo in San Antonio! I love the picture of Chris with the boys sleeping on him. SO cute!