Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Itzhack Perlman

Two more posts. I am on a roll! :)

For his birthday, I got Chris tickets to see Itzhack Perlman. Shhhhh...to be honest, I really didn't know much about him. But Chris had mentioned him a time or two (or ten) so I thought...what the heck...sounds like a good birthday present. Well... I hit the birthday present JACKPOT! Chris was SOOOO excited. (I love it when I accidentally hit that jackpot... :)

A couple days before the big concert day arrived, Chris got an email from the place where we bought Chris and Caleb's violins back in the day. They were advertising a contest to enter to win backstage passes to meet Itzhack Perlman. Chris entered and WON!

He was pretty much giddy to just have tickets to see this legendary man. So imagine the level of giddiness (can you say that referring to a guy? Whatever...just go with it!) when he found out he actually got to MEET him!

I was so excited. Not because I really understood how excited I should be, but because I KNEW how excited Chris was! I couldn't keep a smile off my face because it was so fun seeing him so excited about it!

Such a fun night. I just love that Chris guy.


(Ok...and maybe, just MAYBE I was an itsy bitsy, teensy weensy, little tiny bit distracted thinking about my bracket and March Madness and all the games I was missing.... But only a little bit. And I secretly and discreetly only checked the scores a couple times. :) But I don't feel too bad since I saw Chris also checking those scores during intermission. ;)

It really was wonderful music, a wonderful night, and even better company.

1 comment:

Kat Curtis said...

!!! How cool is that?! And I loved your "lately" post too. I guess I need to check blogs more. Thanks for making my day. Again. :)