Monday, January 21, 2008

Stacking and Lining Things Up!

So a couple posts ago, I mentioned how Caleb likes to line everything up. Here's what I'm talking about:

When we go to the store, Caleb likes to organize everything in the back of the cart and line them up around the edges and stuff. At H.E.B. (a local grocery store), they have little compartments in the front of your cart (maybe for wallets or keys or?). Caleb likes to use it to stack our groceries:

Here Caleb had a can of pears, a container of feta cheese, and two large containers of mandarin oranges stacked, and trying to add another can of pears. People look at us and laugh. But I say, hey, whatever keeps him happy and busy in the store! So far it hasn't caused any injuries to his face as they fall--we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Yesterday morning when Caleb woke up, I kept hearing, "Yeah! Good job! Yeah!" and lots of clapping for himself. That's fairly normal, but it seemed especially jovial. So I went to get Caleb from his bed, and this is what I found:

All his animals stuck between the bed and the wall, and all facing the wall. Pretty funny.


He loves these animals and loves to sort and line them up. Over and over and over and over. Oh, and over and over. :)



This is some of my stuff that Caleb decided to straighten up for me:

By the way, thanks for all the Bath & Body Works stuff, Brianne!!


And here's the same picture from the other day. He likes to also line up his bigger toys. I think it's so funny--I can just see his wheels turning in his head as he does it. He put the little piano in a certain place, and then lugged the zebra right behind it. Then he looks around for a second and says, "Oh! Balls!" And put the basket of balls next in line. Then he looks around and says, "Oh! Elmo!" And then the play mat.



These are just the things I thought to take pictures of. He is not really partial--he will line up and/or stack pretty much anything. I need to figure out how to tap into this new obsession of his and put him to work (all in the name of fun--his fun, that is!) on my projects so I can organize and sort the whole house. (Kind of like my vocab homework that my brother used to do for me because it was "fun", right Kip D?!? :)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

He's such a smart boy. We need to look into what kind of career he's destined for. Maybe he'll teach Nolan his skills.

JoEllen said...

I could use Caleb to straighten out my garage...is he free on Saturday?

Anonymous said...

You might have an up and coming CPA on your hands! Let me know, I always need help with my taxes...

Anonymous said...

I'd better warn him so he doesn't become your next gopher. Or maybe he can be my replacement...

Jami Black said...

I can't believe how high he stacked the groceries-that was hilarious! And what a great hobby-organizing-he is such a good kid. I loved hearing all the things he likes to help with-gives me hope!

Jamie Smith said...

That is so cute! I am very impressed with his stacking abilities! I can't even stack stuff that high without it falling over!

Unknown said...

Noah was a stacker. His big thing was cleaning out the pantry and stacking canned food. I have pics of him stacking cans taller than him. He also lined up hot wheels. Truthfully, his still does on occasion...He says he wants to go into accounting. It must be a number thing.
So, Noah and Caleb have more in common than blond hair and blue eyes.
Hey, maybe it's a "blond" thing.