Sunday, January 27, 2008

Party!!

Saturday we had a birthday party for Caleb at our favorite place--Chuck E Cheese's! Caleb was spoiled rotten, but, hey, he only turns 2 once! :) We were able to celebrate with lots of Caleb's buddies (of all ages! ranging from two months, to ?!!!?) and had so much fun!!

Here are some pictures of our train-themed fun:

Caleb started out the day by lining up his animals. Again. I'm beginning to think I can tell a lot by his mood by the way they are lined up. Like this time, they were all close together and facing into his room. Maybe that means he's in a good mood and when they're far apart and facing the wall, he's in a bad mood. :)



Anyway, the fun started when Caleb got some Thomas the Train balloons:



We headed to Chuck E Cheese's and Caleb took off enjoying all the rides and the dancing and singing animal shows.



Caleb wasn't the only one enjoying the rides. Party goers of all ages seemed to enjoy the rides.... :)



Caleb also enjoyed climbing into the "choo-choo" and cars that are several feet off the ground with lots of slides and fun stuff. Once again, I think Chris enjoyed it just as much!



This picture shows some of the fun equipment they had. And it's also a fun game of "Where's Waldo" for you, er in this case, "Where's Heath". See if you can find Heath having fun with all the kids! :)



And of course there was lots of food. I had to try hard to convince Caleb to stop playing and come eat! We had pizza, a couple kinds of cake, chocolate train suckers, and train sugar cookies.

I have to admit that we kind of threw a lot of it together. The chocolate suckers were done, and I had baked the cakes and cookies, but hadn't frosted anything. Then we convinced the Giani mob to come over and help us with some stuff. (Thanks by the way! You're the best!!) Then when we were done, they twisted our arms and MADE us play a game (that turned into a really long game!) Ok, so it was the other way around. I think they wanted to go home, but we made them play! Yeah, I know what you're thinking...Krista whooped up on everybody again. But actually, I didn't win this time. I know...it's shocking to me too. I won't mention who won...I don't want to start the bragging over again. Anyway, the game was lots of fun and it's always fun to hang out with the Giani mob. But the bottom line is that we started frosting and decorating everything at 1:00 a.m. Oops. We set a time limit for ourselves of 2:30a.m. We finished--maybe not with everything looking as planned, but finished none the less. :) And Chris and I had fun hanging out together and decorating baked stuff.


Caleb had a fun time opening all his presents. He was spoiled rotten!!!!!!!!







It's at celebrations like this that we also really miss all of you who would have been there that live so far away!! But we still had tons of fun! Thank you to all of you who came and celebrated Caleb's birthday with us! We feel blessed to have such great friends!

3 comments:

JoEllen said...

We had so much fun celebrating Caleb's birthday with you guys! He is such a great kid! And you can "twist" our arms anytime for a rousing game of Settlers...

The Blaisdell Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who extends birthday celebrations beyond 1 day:) I LOVE kids birthday parties, but Craig put me on a budget this year:( We still had fun though. Looks like you guys did too!! We love C.E.Cheese too, in fact we are going there Friday just for fun:)

Love the picture of Aubrey. She's such a fun person!!

Chelsea said...

Thanks for the fun party and all that came with it. I'm glad that Caleb had such a great time. He is such a cute kid.