Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And For My Next Trick...



So some of you will remember my problem with Caleb removing his diaper at "nap time" and spreading his joy all around. We were using duct tape on his diapers, which Caleb managed to remove. Then we switched to onesies and they have worked like a charm!

Until recently.

I went to get Caleb after his nap the other day (and yes, he actually took a nap) and there he was standing with one arm triumphantly in the air holding his wet diaper! With his onesie still all snapped! When he was asleep and I checked on him, I just made sure his onesie was still on and snapped. I didn't think to look to see if there was a diaper under the oneside. Somehow he managed to undo his diaper and pull it out with the onesie still snapped! As Rachel said, at least he has good problem solving skills.

I think we are now going to a combo of duct tape and onesies. That, or potty training. Caleb is actually really good at going potty whenever I ask him to. I'm just too lazy to ask him to go every hour or so. Maybe I'll have to stop being so lazy because I hate being outsmarted by a 2 year old!

7 comments:

JoEllen said...

Caleb definately sounds smart enough for potty training!! I say go for it!! In the meantime, let me know how that duct tape/onsie combo works out for ya.

THE ORMES said...

Kids will definitely keep you on your toes. You could also try a onesie with overalls (make sure they don't fit too loosely) and, heck, throw in the duct tape too for good measure. If he can manage to get it off still . . . then yes it probably might be time to think about potty training.

Good luck!!!!

Jamie Smith said...

Impressive Caleb!!! I'm like you Krista, I am way to lazy to ask every two minutes if they need to go potty and even more lazy having to clean up any messes they made in their underwear. I think I'll just wait until they figure it out themselves. Potty training is not something I'm looking forward too. Make sure to pass on any good ideas if you get any!

The Shirleys said...

What can I say? The kid is a genious! You know he had to get his smarts from someone. Good luck with the potty training.

(I didn't laugh because I don't want it to happen to me!)

Kat Curtis said...

Krista - Seriously. I know that if I need a good laugh, I just need to check your blog. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing what your family has been up to! I can't believe how big (and apparently MacGuyver-esque) Caleb is!! Thanks for making me laugh. You guys are great! :)

Hillery said...

What?! Are you raising the next Einstein? The kid's a genius!

Tilane said...

I'd do the duct tape, onesie combo! :) It's way better than the nightmare potty training idea!