Monday, February 4, 2008

Watch For Flying Objects!


Ok, so this picture has nothing to do with the story below, but it does show off Caleb's new pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa! He LOVES them, so thank you so much!!!

The other day we were driving around and "someone" who shall remain nameless, decided to be a bad citizen and rolled down his window while driving and tossed his gum out.

Next thing I know, from the back seat Caleb is asking to have his window rolled down. Not thinking about it, I asked the nameless person who was driving to roll his window down. Caleb then proceeds to pick his nose and flick his booger out the window. Of course my initial reaction was, "Sick! That's yucky, Caleb!" Which of course only encourages the behavior. He now does it the WHOLE TIME we are in the car!

***This paragraph edited for content--a.k.a. deleted--by nameless person***

So the moral of the story is, be careful what you do around kids because they too will pick up your habit. And the second moral is to pretend like it doesn't even phase you because the bigger the reaction, the more fun it is! What I can't figure out is how Caleb could even tell what this nameless person was doing because his car seat is directly behind the drivers seat. Maybe he could see it in the mirror? Still trying to figure this mystery out.

So if you see us driving down the street with "bob" cranked (which is Caleb's veggie tale christmas cd that we HAVE TO listen to everywhere we go or else you hear, "Mom! Mom! Bob! Bob! Please? Please! Bob! Moooooooooooooooom! By the way, thanks for the cd, Cindy! I think....:) But I digress...). Anyway, if you see us driving around town with Caleb's window down and "bob" cranked, beware of flying objects coming from our back seat!!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Well, if I see any boogers on my windshield I know who to blame! :)

Rachel said...

Jed was reading this over my shoulder and took to one of his laughing fits where he just can't stop. Way to go Caleb!

Oh, by the way, no need to teach Nolan that one.

Unknown said...

What is it with "boys" and boogers?

Too funny.

High school boys put boogers under their desks.

Tilane said...

That is hilarious! He's totally boy! I just started blogging, so I'm checking out others.

Jamie Smith said...

Cute picture of Caleb! I love his pj's! And at least he threw his boogy out instead of putting it on his car seat! Smart kid!

Chrissy said...

That is so funny. I can emphasize with the music thing too. Isabella pretty much dictates what we listen to in the car. Happy 2nd Birthday, Caleb!