Friday, March 21, 2008

Nyn and My Couch

We just enjoyed an awesome visit from my sister, Kaylyn, aka Nyn. Ok, and once again, I didn't take very many pictures, but we had tons of fun even if I don't have pictures to show it!

We went to Sea World





We made some treats, like fudge and too many St Patrick's Day sugar cookies. We went to Rudy's, and an awesome Thai place (Thai Lao near North Star Mall), and Martha's for yummy mexican food, and to Tony Romas (which I think is my favorite place EVER! I love everything they have...onion loaf, ribs, bread, salad...). We also introduced Kaylyn to Bobby J's--a very hole-in-the-wall, greasy hamburger place that is SO good!!



We played games, and went to the outlets, and downtown to see the river dyed green for St. Patricks Day. They had an event going on downtown so they had the Alamo all lit up in fun colors too:



Caleb has been sad since Nyn left. Every once in awhile, he'll just look at me and say in a sad voice, "Nyn bye bye?" and I have to say, "Yes, Nyn had to go bye bye."

As for the mention of my couch in the subject of this post...well, it's not really related to my sister, Nyn, but it is where you'll find me for the next couple weeks for March Madness!! I love it! So many of the games end up coming down to the wire and it is so much fun to watch! Everyone plays with so much heart and emotion in college sports! One definite perk to staying at home with Caleb is that I don't have to constantly hit refresh for the scores of the games online like I used to when I was working outside the home - I mean...not me. I heard others have done that before. (Chris says ESPN claims there are MILLIONS, if not billions, of dollars of lost revenue from the American economy every year due to March Madness!) Now I can actually watch them live. Sorry to rub it in again, Chris. :) Too bad none of my teams are even IN the tournament this year. What's up with that? They're always at least IN the tournament, if not seeded fairly high. Here's to a better year next year. :) The Final Four is actually in San Antonio this year, but when I checked on ticket prices awhile back, they were already a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay.

So anyway, if you need us, we'll be on our couch!

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

I LOVE the picture of the Alamo, and I'm sad we missed it! I would have liked to have seen the green river too. How do they make it green? And how long does that take to go away? Enjoy your couch!

Rachel said...

Okay, so what's with all these teams already out. Kentucky-OUT, Duke-OUT (YEAH). Okay, so I'm not upset by Duke, but what's up with Kentucky. The Big Blue Nation is in shock!