Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lovin' 3 Day Weekends!

Wow! I just noticed the previous post! I didn't know Chris knew we even had a blog--let alone how to post to it! :)

Chris reminded us last Friday that he had a three day weekend because of the Monday holiday! Yahoo! I had totally forgotten that he gets this holiday now!

Of course there is always some time for R&R



Friday night Chris and Caleb decided to camp out in our living room. So they set up the tent and had a good ol' time.




No girls allowed this time. Much to my disappointment since I oh so love camping of any variety. Please note the sarcasm. This video is dedicated to my brother Kerry--Caleb misses shaking his booty with you in your driveway. :)



Saturday we did some shopping and then went bowling and out to dinner with the Cheneys. I haven't been bowling in forever! It was so much fun! Thanks guys!

Caleb let us help him the first round or two and then Mr. Independent insisted on doing it himself. EVERYTHING these days is "Me do! Me do!" I was actually very surprised he could hold the ball, let alone roll it down the alley. It rolled agonizingly slow most of the time, but it never got stuck!

I've decided that I love to bowl with Caleb. Whether I knock down zero pins or all ten he is eagerly awaiting me with a high five and a "Good job mom!!"

Chris and I got to speak in church on Sunday. Always fun. :) That night the Weatherholtz came over to play games. It's always a good time when we get to spend time with them!!

Monday we went out to Love Creek Orchard's pumpkin patch with the Richards. Here is our little pumpkin climber:



Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and they didn't have their rides, storytellers, live music, animals, etc going. We'll have to go back sometime because it looks like lots of fun! But Caleb thoroughly enjoyed playing the with Richards' kids in the pumpkin maze:

I was tired just watching them sprint it over and over!


And of course we had to stop at good ol' Bobby J's for a huge greasy hamburger on the way back. The hour plus drive each way is really pretty too. Although it did remind me of our crazy fun times when I went to girl's camp a couple years ago out there and had to drive up and back every day--one way in the dark with lots of deer on the roadsides that scared me to death! Good times, huh Rachel?!?

Anyway, we ended our weekend with friends coming over for FHE and watching some good ol' Brian Regan.

I love 3 day weekends.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Everybody do the MAN TENT shake!

THE ORMES said...

Definitely good times!!! I'm glad y'all had a 3 day weekend . . . those are always fun. Too bad Tom's school doesn't like to give him many holidays. :( And bowling with littles ones is ALWAYS fun . . . and super slow.

We need to head out to Love Creek Orchards, too. It's always fun to go!!

THE ORMES said...

Okay so I used fun way to many times in my comment . . . that's what I get for trying to make a comment with craziness happening all around.

JoEllen said...

I jealous you had a big 3 day weekend. It looks like you had so much fun. How fun to go camping in the livng room! I love the video of Caleb bowling. I wonder if little Sal would like that. I'm a terrible bowler and always happy if I knock any of the pins down.

Rachel said...

I just heard of Love Creek Orchards today. We were planning on driving to Devine for a pumpkin patch on Saturday when Dedra gets here, but this place is much closer and seems friendly for Nolan's age. The other place has a catch and release, which I'm sure Jed's is bummed about missing, but I think Nolan will enjoy Love Creek better.

And 3 day weekends are the best. Teachers had to work Monday and so did Jed. No rest for the teachers and prosecutors, boy did we choose the wrong professions. We should have looked into this whole 3 day weekend thing beforehand.

Anyway, sounds like you had fun.

Jamie Smith said...

I love the shake your booty video! Caleb is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Krista I received your card today. Please email me so I can have your email address: karendeeshannon@msn.com. Gwen would be so very happy reading your blog. She would love love love to hear of your fun 3-day weekend and all about the family.

Jill said...

I'm glad you had a fun three day weekend. And it looks like the boys really enjoyed their campout.

Also, I really enjoyed your talk last Sunday!

Chelsea said...

Caleb is such a cute kid. Glad you guys had such a good weekend. We miss you guys!