Sunday, June 14, 2009

Funny Kids

I'm not sure when/where it started. My brother (the famous Kip D a.k.a. Uncle Dip) and I like to make up songs. Sometimes it is just a normal every day conversation except we both sing what we would like to say to each other. Or then there was the time that we took a 12 hour car ride and made up the coolest song ever. Just ask Chris. I think he really enjoyed it. Something about 12 hours of a really repetitive, yet lively rendition of an awesome song about how many more miles to go set to the tune of 100 bottles of "milk" on the wall. Yeah. Good times. You know you enjoyed each and every repetitive verse of that 12 hour song, Chris. Both directions of our road trip. :)

So imagine my pride when lately my sweet three year old makes up a song about everything. My favorites? "I love milk." "I just like to beat dad." My all time favorite? "I want to go outside but my mom won't let me." I've been meaning to get some of them on video because I think they're so funny, but I'm usually too lazy to go find the camera. Well, not lazy necessarily, but, well, ok...yeah...lazy. So today the camera happened to be right by me, so the version you get to hear is entitled, "Good job."

"I'm singing 'good job' because mom got me root beer." Not sure if the good job was for me for letting him have the root beer or to himself for convincing me he could have it. Either way, I enjoyed the song. Does it make you proud, Dip? Passing on our legacy to my posterity.

What can I say? The kid loves his root beer. Especially after two weeks of eating nothing but yogurt and applesauce after having his tonsils out.

I'm thinking of recording them and making an album. Kind of like that SNL where Eddie Murphy plays Buckwheat and has a random album with random songs...you know the one. Anyway.


Then there is my cute Carson. Poor boy has been running a fever and is congested. Doesn't stop him from being a happy little guy though.

Chris was throwing the ball to land on the high chair and Carson just thought it was hilarious. The kid seriously loves to laugh.


And finally, my favorite quote of the week:
What? No, the first was my favorite random made-up SONG of the week, and the second was my favorite GIGGLING of the week. This is my favorite QUOTE of the week:

Chris told Caleb he needed to clean up the toys in his room. Caleb said, "Dad, I have a plan." (Good quote, but still not my favorite.) Chris asked him what his plan was and Caleb said, "I'll play with this toy while you clean up my mess. That's the plan...ok, dad?" Kudos to Caleb for coming up with such a good plan.

I just love my boys. All three of them. They make my life so fun.

4 comments:

JoEllen said...

Made up songs?! That is awesome. Good job mom!

Carson is too cute. That laugh is so funny. I hope he is feeling better soon.

I love that kids think they're so sneaky. Why would I want to clean up all the toys while you play with one? But what can you do besides laugh. It's just too cute!

The Blaisdell Family said...

That video of Carson had Camden laughing too. SO cute!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes up songs. I do that all the time too, sometimes I think, "Man, if anyone is listening to me they might think I'm a crazy mom!"

Dip said...

It's times like these that I am so proud to be an uncle!

The Shirleys said...

That is so cute! The song, giggling and the quote. Bradley was very excited to see his friend singing and even more excited that it was for root beer.

I hope Carson gets feeling better soon. Caleb is such a smart kid. How can you say no to such a plan?