Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This and That

A little of this:

(Missions Baseball game)


A little of that:

(Caleb and Chris working hard. Caleb especially loves to help mow the lawn, trim, and then blow the cut grass off the sidewalks. And they don't just stop at ours. Caleb insists on doing all kinds of people's. They are now known in the neighborhood as "those guys that cut everybody's grass." At what age will helping no longer be fun? At what age will I not be able to use not being allowed to help as a punishment? I hope age 30.)


A lot of this:

(Carson smiles)


A lot of that:

(Snuggles from my boys)


A bit of this:

(Caleb making himself at home in the stroller doing puzzles)


A bit of that:


(That right there? Those are the best kabobs ever. Miss you, Deonne. Bacon wrapped steak and jalapeƱos smothered in spicy barbecue sauce. Oh, and no, I do not think nursing babies appreciate them. Sorry, Carson! I couldn't resist.)


Some crazy this:

(We hosted 6 youth at our house for a youth conference for church. SO FUN! And of course they had to raise a bit of mischief. And since Chris already spilled the beans and admitted what was done, I guess I can post the picture to show all the guilty to the Charles. Notice I was not in the picture. Must mean I had zero participation, right? I am innocent. :) Thanks for being good sports Charles family!)


Some crazy that:



(What is that you ask? Poor Caleb was desperate for any change in taste after having his tonsils out. Yes, that is him eating sour cream, cool whip, and miracle whip by the spoon. Sick.)


But there was also some of this:

(Proof that I did give him good stuff to eat and that he did not need to resort to the nasty stuff, here is Caleb eating soft serve ice cream.)


And finally...my favorite that.
Chris started a new job on June 8th. And he absolutely LOVES it! He loves the people, and loves the work! Thanks again, NCI!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute post! I love to keep up with you guys. Those kabobs look very yummy. So funny on Fathers day weekend we did Kabobs. I will have to try your special receipe though. Glad to hear the good news about the job, and even better if he loves it!!!

JoEllen said...

This is such a cute post!

Caleb is such a great helper. I am sure (with such service orientated parents) he will continue to be for a long time.

Carson is too cute. I love the picture of the 3 of you snuggling on the couch. How cute is that!?

Congrats to Chris and the new job.

Dr. Mom said...

I think of you guys every time we make kabobs because, as Chris said, they are the Krista of kabobs! Hope to see you guys up here soon! We can let the little ones play. And, btw, Cody has Josh's personality when it comes to water. He LOVES it!!!!

The Shirleys said...

Wow! Those kabobs do look great! Caleb is so funny! It might just be an age thing. Bradley and Daniel both eat all kinds of crazy things too.

I am glad Caleb is eating again!