Monday, October 8, 2007

Girl's Night In

You know that thing they do at the circus where they fit like a billion clowns in one car? Yeah, we tried that at our house on Saturday night. :)

While the guys were at a meeting, the girls and our kids got together for some fun. The guys joined in the fun with us after the meeting.




We had lots of karaoke going on in one room. I am so impressed by the voices of some of these people!





And even Olivia took a shot at the karaoke!



Caleb had a great time dancing and singing to the karaoke! He has his own little stage on a raised part of our couch between two seats. Aubrey was trying to teach him how to kick up his legs for this song. But alas, Caleb likes his own form of dancing.






We had some board games in another room. I so wish I would have had my video camera out for this game. It was hilarious!



And some card games. With this game, the "idiot" or loser of the game is supposed to wear underwear on their head through the next round. For this night though, we tried a big sombrero instead. Landon apparently liked the sombrero because he lost several rounds in a row! :)





We had three gaming systems for video games in another room



And a small movie theater in another room. I brought in a big bowl of popcorn and several smaller bowls so everyone could have their own. Apparently Caleb went through after I left and dished up a small bowl for everyone and passed them out. Quite the little host, huh? :)



There were lots of kids toys in another couple rooms. And by the way, Chelsea, you seriously need to stop cleaning up my house! Magically all the toys were cleaned up at the end of the night.... I'm assuming it was Chelsea because she does it ALL THE TIME! THANK YOU , once again!! I'm going to have to start paying you and your kids for all your services!!!!



And of course lots of food.



We even had little Sadie Ray grace us with her first social appearance. She is just over 2 weeks old, I think! Too cute!



Here are a few more random pictures.

Matthew trying out the karaoke


Daniel all partied out!


Aubrey showing her fashionable t-shirt over a dress look. Her dress was VERY cute! She came from another party and decided to put a t-shirt over it once she got to our house.


The guys playing cards


Hannah with cute Eric


Clare checking out her next karaoke song selection


Some of the girls just hanging out and chatting


Thanks for coming everyone!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHHAHA!!! Caleb was cracking me up!! he's so cute!! and those pictures of me are so intense, it's as if I was concentrating too much on signing! That was such a fun party!!

Chelsea said...

You throw a great party Krista. There always seems to be so much fun at your house and you are a great host! Thanks for all of the fun!

The Blaisdell Family said...

All I have to say is...you are a brave woman!!! I don't know if I could handle that many people all in my house at the same time. YIKES!! Power to you Krista (and Chris:)

Any by the way, Chris...congrats on your calling. You will be SO good in that calling but I'm sure the youth will greatly miss you. You are incredible with the youth!

Christine said...

Krista, that was an amazing party thank you thank you for remembering us even though we weren't in the ward. It was just what I needed.

Jami Black said...

Thanks for hosting. It was a lot of fun-you are such a good social event organizer. Especially since you always have such yummy food and what can I say I LOVE food!

Jamie Smith said...

Fun party! Thanks for having us! Just a warning though, Lyssa isn't going to like that last picture at all and will request you take it off!

THE ORMES said...

Sorry I missed it. The kiddos HAD to go to bed. Next time . . . because there will be a next time!!!

Good luck with the new calling. Y'all will be great!!

The Shirleys said...

Thanks soo much for hosting. I know that we had so much fun that Bradley passed out when we got home!! YOu guys are amazing!)

Chrissy said...

Man, Jazmin showed me your party pictures the other day and I was so disappointed I didn't make it. It sounded like a ton of fun. And honestly, Hilary shouldn't be allowed to look so fabulous 2 weeks after she had her baby! I'm still wearing scrubs everyday. :)