Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ode to Aubrey

Aubrey is a Dial family favorite person. She has these, what I like to call, "Aubreyisms"...and they're awesome! Whenever someone is telling a story, she throws in her hilarious Aubreyism and it always cracks me up (Aubrey, I don't like the "H" word...ha ha ha)! She always makes me laugh so hard!!

So, the other day, I was watching Aubrey make these very cute mums. (For those of you not from Texas, a mum is like a big (3-5 foot long!) corsage for homecoming. Of course, the normal wrist or pin corsage will never do as everything in Texas has to be huge! You give them to all your friends, not just your date. And people wear a bunch of them all at once. If I'm not mistaken, the guys wear them with a band on their arms around their biceps and the girls wear them pinned to their shirts. It's a very interesting Texas phenomenon.) Here is a picture of one that I found online. Of course, Aubrey's were way cuter!


Anyway, Aubrey and Bretta were telling us how they went to the store to purchase the materials to make these mums and they were all sold out of some of the stuff. Aubrey wanted to add these little, decorative cowbells to her mums. These cowbells are apparently a popular item and only a few could be found. So when Aubrey was making her mums, she was talking about the lack of and hunt for the dangling decor. Hmmm...this reminds me of something.... The phrase, "I need more cowbell!" kept coming to mind.

When I went to bed that night, I couldn't stop thinking about and giggling about "more cowbell!" being needed. SNL has a funny skit about a band that needs "more cowbell." I'm glad Aubrey agrees with Christopher Walken on this point...check it out!



I got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!

Love ya, Aubrey! You're the best!

5 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

That is seriously the funniest clip by Will Ferrill of all time...maybe of all SNL! Good pick!

Jamie Smith said...

Don't you love the mums. Something is wrong with my computer because I can't watch any of these cool videos you have posted. I've seen the cowbell skit, thanks to Lyssa! And that was freakin hilarious! And I agree with you Krista, Aubrey is awesome, I love her too!

Jami Black said...

I loooove this skit-it is so stinkin funny. Ahh! memories-I remember those awesome mums which were so cool to wear but not practical because it weighed down my shirt all day and usually ended up ruining it! Thanks for the walk down memory lane and the laughs!

THE ORMES said...

You should get in the spirit and try one. I actually got a real one once . . . with a real mum flower.

I love how you call them Aubreyisms. We love our Aubrey, too!!

The Shirleys said...

YOu have some of the best videos ever on your blog. I have to agree that it needs more cowbell!)Too bad I didn't grow up in Texas to fully understand and enjoy the mums!