Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Nasty and Wrong. Very wrong.

Last night, Chris came upstairs at like midnight and asked for the camera. I asked him why he wanted it and he said, "I want to take a picture of something before I kill it." Uh oh! That does NOT sound good. I didn't even want to know. But I looked at the pictures this morning. Sick and wrong. Apparently, Chris opened the patio doors to go out onto the deck and walked right into something. He turned the light on and, WOW! That was one busy and fast little (term used loosely) critter. It's nasty business stretched from our house to the far end of the deck. I know it wasn't there just a couple days before when I was out there. Chris has assured me that this "friend" of ours has gone to spider heaven and won't be back to visit. Sorry (term also used loosely) to all those out there that feel he should have lived. Because all I can say is SICK AND WRONG!




8 comments:

THE ORMES said...

Nasty!!!!! I'm probably going to have nightmares now. :) Sorry, but I'm so glad it happened at your house and not mine. I think I'll take the nasty roaches over that. UHHHHH!!! GROSSS!!!

Jill said...

Wow, that is one huge spider! I am not a fan of spiders and I always make Quintin kill them when I find them.

Thanks for hosting the girls' night in on Saturday. It was so much fun!

The Shirleys said...

AMEN to the GROSS & NASTY!! I HATE spiders. THere aren't many things I truely hate, but spiders are one of them. I am so glad it wasn't me walking into its web. Chris is the man.

Christine said...

Ahhh! Thank goodness it is gone. I wouldn't have been able to leave the house for weeks if he hadn't killed it. Gross and nasty is right!

Unknown said...

AHHHHH!!! This is a huge spider!!! so hairy too!! I agree with Christine, I would have been so paranoid if this thing was not dead!

Lyssa Beth said...

Ya I too will be nightmaring about huge spiders that engulf our apartment! I can't believe the size of that spider and web!

THE ORMES said...

So you know, I actually dreamt about a huge nasty spider last night. It was not a pleasant dream at all. I was wondering why I was thinking about it and then I was looking at your blog again just now and it hit me . . . that's where my dream came from. Nasty spiders!!!

Kim Simpson said...

Okay so just to let you know it is called an orb spider. I hate spiders and when we found one of those across our sliding door in san antonio I had to research since I am so afraid that every spider will bite and kill me or one of my children. They are not posinous but will bite lots if you bug them. They make some serious webs and can make them really fast as you can tell. It is very wrong that a spider is that big and can make a web that big. Even jared was afraid he had to have matt moore come over and help him. Big baby!