Monday, November 26, 2007

Our First Holiday Visitor

We love to have people come stay with us. And usually we are not anxious for them to leave. However, our first holiday visitor needs to go. Here is his picture:



That's right. The not-so-little opossum is living under our deck. So if you would like our holiday visitor to visit you at your house....you are more than welcome. Just come pick him up however you'd like.

What's up with our backyard lately? I feel like I live in animal kingdom. Maybe that's what happens when you live in Texas. All things creepy and crawly and slithery and all Texas sized. Emphasis on the creepy.

As for our holiday, we had a great Thanksgiving! Wednesday, Caleb and I got to visit Rachel and Nolan and Dedra and Lexi. Too much fun! Little Nolan is so cute! And Caleb always loves a chance to visit Lexi and Rachel! We'll have to catch Jed soon.

Thursday, Chris played in the Turkey Bowl while Caleb and I played at the park in the frigid temperatures (I'm not kidding! It is FREEZING here right now! Where is my warm weather?!?!) There were a couple big fifteen passenger vans full of kids from a local children's shelter that were at the park too. After chatting with some of the workers there, it sure reminded me about how blessed and thankful I am for my family and friends and helped me remember those that are going without family around the holidays! It broke my heart to see all those kids there who were not going to see their families on Thanksgiving. As I looked at each one and wondered what their story was and how much they've probably seen in their little lives already, it really made me sad for them...but also happy that there are places like that children's shelter.

Later, we had one of the best Thanksgiving meals ever with the Plumlees. Great food and great company!! That night we also had some awesome pie with the Weatherholtz.

Friday we did some good shopping with great sales. We started decorating our house for Christmas (more pictures later). Chris and I took in a movie and dinner at Carrabbas (they have the best fillet in the world!!!) We are addicted to it-- [in our best Coffee Talk accents] Thanks, Mike and Natalie!

Saturday, Chris conducted a baptism while Caleb and I did more shopping. Then we had our friends the Hofhiens over for lunch, and that night watched a movie with the Weatherholtz.

Sunday was busy busy busy as always, but ended with a fun night with the Giani's. The best part was just having so much time together as a family and visiting with so many awesome friends! Except our new friend. Living under our deck. :)

5 comments:

Hillery said...

We had a possum the other day too! We've had "visitors" in the form of skunks, possums, snakes, lizards, and we've seen deer on the other side of our fence. Texas is definately Critter Country!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ask Rachel Orme how to get an opossum out of your yard. She has a funny story:)

The Shirleys said...

No wonder JoEllen's dog kept sniffing under the deck! I have to admit he is kinda cute in the pictures. Probably just because he isn't under my deck. :) Good luck!

Chelsea said...

You guys are so nice and fun, who wouldn't want to come and hang out at your house-opossum's included? Good luck with your new friend!

Michelle Cox said...

And I've got an armadillo -- "dilla" as they call them around here. Between you, me, and the Rays, we've got a wildlife zoo!