Monday, November 5, 2007

Red Carpets, Doors Kicked In, and Dog Poo

The title says it all. We've had some exciting times the last few days.

First of all there was the red carpet: We finally had a bit of time to go look at beds since the monkeys in our house demolished our last one. They came and delivered it on Saturday and they literally rolled out the red carpet to bring it in.



And then they leave this thank you card and mints on your pillow. Quite the affair for just delivering a bed!! I thought it was so funny and couldn't stop giggling.



Caleb was so excited about the delivery because there was a truck (which he is currently obsessed with) parked outside his house for quite awhile. I should have asked them how much they would charge to bring it to our house once a week and park it there for awhile--just for the excitement of it all.



And of course, my monkeys didn't learn. They had to break in the new bed by jumping.



So, yes, we finally got a new bigger bed. I know you were worried since our last one was demolished. :) It is an awesome bed. The only thing is that I feel like I need a step ladder to get in it because it is so far off the ground!!! Not sure what is up with that!



As for doors being kicked in...let's just say Marc Hofhiens decided to literally kick in one of our doors. (That's all of the story I remember. :) Can you believe the nerve of some people?! :) You'll have to ask him why he would do such a thing! :) If you look close at the picture, you can see the shoe mark and where the door is busted.



And this one is for you JoEllen! :) So we had playgroup at our house today and JoEllen brought her dog. All the kids LOVED the dog and had SO much fun playing with her! (As a side note, JoEllen, you need to bring your dog to playgroup every time!)

Enter the dog poo, not that dogs shouldn't poo. Dogs do that. Not that people shouldn't step in poo. That happens from time to time. What I can't figure out is why I couldn't find any trace of dog poo in the yard. I only know where it ended up.

I kept smelling something and checking kids diapers but couldn't find the source of the smell. Then I notice something suspicious and brown on the patio doors and a tiny bit on one of the kitchen chairs. So I start looking for the source. Of course it was my son that felt the need to go find and step in the dog poo (I still can't figure out where he managed to find it! Perhaps Caleb cleaned it all up with his shoes!) Caleb had it all over his shoes and had also gotten it on my shirt when I picked him up. Nice! Then poor Emma with the shoe fetish went outside and innocently picked up Caleb's shoe and got it all over her arm and shirt. Even better! You'd think after the number of diapers I've changed, it wouldn't be a big deal to clean it up, but...WOW! Nasty!!

I feel I should repeat that we loved having the dog over...don't misunderstand. Nor do I fault the dog for needing to make a deposit. I just need to make sure Caleb and Emma don't have an opportunity to share in the experience next time.

So there you have it. Red Carpets, Doors Kicked In, and Dog Poo. Always something exciting at the Dial's house.

6 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

I need to get up earlier! I'm so sad I missed all the dog excitement! You need to send your monkeys over to our house so the can break our bed! I want a bigger bed and at least get a chance to walk the red carpet once in my life! anyways, I always love reading your exciting posts!

JoEllen said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I AM SO SORRY!! But I seriously can't stop laughing. You have a way exciting life, and I'm glad we could be a part of it!

Chelsea said...

I definitely missed an exciting playgroup. Maybe it's better that way though because Cade probably would have been finger painting with the poop.

Michelle Cox said...

Is this bed what you were waiting for on Saturday? Sweet! Thanks again for letting us crash (literally) at your house! You got a really good photo of the door. Mine turned out kind of dark. I have to do a post about it, so maybe I'll steal your picture -- I'm working on a non-violent reenactment. It was great talking with you guys and getting to know you better!

Hillery said...

We got the red carpet treatment with our mattress too! I felt like a movie star. :)

Chrissy said...

Marc had to practice his undercover agent moves somewhere. I wouldn't let him try it at our house. :) I wish I hadn't missed playgroup- sounds like lots of fun.